SINGLE WIDTH FIRE DOORS?
NARROW FIRE ESCAPES?
The ‘SKI-PAD’ has evolved from the familiar ‘SKI’ Mattress Evacuation Sheet, which is attached to the underside of the hospital mattress to enable patients to be evacuated comfortably and safely down stairways in the event of an emergency evacuation from a hospital ward.
Unfortunately, some staircases and many fire escapes are too narrow to allow mattress evacuation to be used safely, and this presents the problem of how to get non-ambulant patients down perhaps several flights of narrow stairs.
Many nurses are not capable of carrying heavy patients but until now there was no other solution to this dilemma.
Special Features of the ‘SKI-PAD’
- Tough slippery vinyl coated base material enables patients to be moved easily over virtually any surface
- 51mm thick foam pad protects the patient
- Narrow width and flexibility allows the patient to be slid through standard doorways, twisting corridors and narrow fire escapes
- The ‘SKI-PAD’ is quickly and easily removed from its storage bag. The patient is transferred to the ‘SKI-PAD’ wrapped in a blanket. The belts are clicked into place and the patient is pulled to safety.
- wipe clean storage bag can be wall mounted in wards or at the head of staircases ready for immediate use