International regulations demand that diagnostic and therapy departments are built to ensure that radiology and radiotherapy staff, personnel working in the vicinity of a radiation source, patients and members of the public are exposed to the minimum amount of radiation.
This requires protective barriers within walls, floors, ceilings, entrance doors, windows and for the staff working in a diagnostic x-ray room. We offer a complete range of shielding products and services to accomplish this.
- Walls, Ceilings and Floors - X-ray protective lead lined panels and partitions, and lead chevron bricks.
- Door Sets - X-ray protective lead lined door sets, including Hinged Doors, Sliding Doors and Power Operated Doors.
- Observation Windows - X-ray protective observation windows.
- Screens - X-ray protective screens, including mobile screens and workstations.
- Overhead Suspension Shields - Wall and Ceiling mounted Shields with Lead Glass or Premac® Lead Acrylic
- Curtains - X-ray protective curtains on a fixed or rotating track
Although any dense material will provide an element of shielding, sheet lead has many advantages. It is particularly effective in doorsets, screens, partitions and floors where space is at a premium or where the introduction of "wet trades" may cause inconvenience.
Sheet lead is, however, malleable and cannot be guaranteed to remain at a constant thickness if applied to a vertical surface. It is therefore most effectively used when bonded to plasterboard, plywood or a similar board for cladding walls, floors and ceilings. We use it in a modified form to produce doors, screens and protective cubicles.
Where there is a requirement for a lead thickness in excess of 10mm, interlocking lead chevron bricks are a useful and cost effective alternative.
In this section of the web site we illustrate a number of typical examples to give an indication of the comprehensive design manufacturing and installation service that we provide.
We are able to match profiles and finishes of other non X-ray protective work in adjacent areas without losing the integrity of the shielding
All Wardray Premise protective installations are purpose made to suit exact requirements.